If you drive a car you need tyres – no questions about it. But with Canstar Blue’s survey of 1,868 New Zealand drivers finding that a worrying 15% admitted to driving on their spare tyre because they couldn’t afford a new tyre – and 19% not knowing how to check whether they need new tyres – car tyre retailers that offer cost-effective products and great advice are a must.
About Budget Tyres in New Zealand
One of the brands surveyed in the Canstar Blue 2015 survey on customer satisfaction – car tyre retailers was Budget Tyres.
As the name says, Budget tyres stive to be cost effective. According to their website, they:
- Buy direct to save you money.
- If they don’t have it in, they’ll order it in for you.
- Are always cheaper.
- Will beat any written quote.
In addition to selling tyres, Budget tyres offer wheel alignments an balancing, battery changes, rim and wheel repairs and puncture repairs.
What our survey respondents say about Budget Tyres
In 2015 Canstar Blue surveyed 1,685 New Zealanders that had purchased car tyres from a car tyre retailer in the last 3 years. These are some of the comments from customers of Budget Tyres:
- Speedy tyre changes
- Easy and cheap
- The drive-in nature of Budget Tyres can mean a lot of waiting.
- Company precedes its reputation. Cheaper, but that doesn’t mean they’re unreliable
- Slow to fit tyres, and not all options were in stock
- Like that they have second hand tyres for cheaper
- Location is limited – only in one place in Hamilton
The other tyre retailer brands we surveyed
The other tyre retailer brands included in the 2015 Canstar Blue survey were:
Tony’s Tyre Service
You can read the Canstar Blue Car Tyre Retailers customer satisfaction survey report here.