About Parmco Ovens
In 2015, Parmco was one of the oven brands rated in our Canstar Blue customer satisfaction survey. Here’s a brief rundown on Parmco ovens.
The story behind the brand
Parmco was founded in 1989 in New Zealand and they design and build products for Kiwi homes. They are proud to be 100% Kiwi owned and operated.
For hints and tips on using your new oven, check out their YouTube channel for guides such as “Setting the digital clock on your oven”. While you’re there, check out the “Rambo’s Undies” advertising campaign for their washing machine – it’s hilarious.
Their schools program, Let’s Cook With Parmco, has been highly successful since it was launched in 2012. Parmco has donated over $315,000 worth of kitchen appliances to schools throughout New Zealand.
When Parmco started producing ovens
Parmco has been making ovens since they first started business in 1989.
Some Parmco oven innovations
Some of Parmco’s oven innovations on new oven models include the following:
- Pyrolytic cleaning: This self-cleaning function means you can burn grime to ash inside the oven, then simply wipe it away.
- Catalytic self-cleaning panels: Catalytic liners absorb grease and fat so you can simply wipe the oven clean.
- Triple glaze full glass inner door: Heat is contained inside the oven for extra safety. The inner door can be removed for easy cleaning.
- Telescopic rails: These make it easy to get things in and out of the oven without burning yourself.
- Multi-zone cooking flexibility: In much the same way that modern fridges can make some sections cooler than others, these ovens can make some sections hotter than others.
Oven brands we rated
Canstar Blue commissions third party research houses to regularly survey New Zealand consumers across a range of categories to measure and track customer satisfaction. The outcomes reported are the results from almost 1,600 New Zealanders.
The oven brands in this year’s survey are:
- Fisher & Paykel