Energy retailer and generator Mercury provides a range of residential and business services across New Zealand, stating it’s “on a mission to help Kiwis enjoy our clean, green, renewable energy in more wonderful ways”.
The Mercury brand was launched in 2016, with the merger of Mighty River Power and Mercury Energy. Mercury is listed on the NZ stock exchange and the Australian stock exchange. The New Zealand government holds a legislated 51% shareholding in Mercury.
Mercury’s generation comprises hydro and geothermal, making its power 100% renewable.
What’s on offer from Mercury?
Mercury’s electricity and gas prices vary region by region. You can search for the pricing in your region on Mercury’s website by entering your address.
Mercury’s plans break down into three bands:
- Open term: everyday rates on electricity or electricity and gas with no fixed term or break fees
- One-year fixed: lower rates plus $75 credit
- Two-year fixed: lowest rates plus $200 credit
In addition to its plans, Mercury offers:
- Prompt payment discount of 12%
- Regular free power days
Complete fun challenges on the Mercury app, earn Mercury Dollars, then exchange them for bill credit or Airpoints Dollars
- Earn Airpoints Dollars on your power bill
- Special EV fuel packages
- Add piped gas to your chosen electricity plan for a 15c Dual Fuel discount
- Annual Price Plan Review, to ensure you’re on the correct plan for your usage needs
Mercury also offers a number of solar panel packages, including a solar battery storage package. Mercury will also buy back any extra energy you generate.
Mercury’s website addresses a number of topics via its FAQs page. Consumers can also contact Mercury by phone or email.
Mercury customers can monitor and manage their accounts online or via the Mercury app. They can:
- Pay their bill (not available for all price plans)
- Check their account balance and payment due date
- Update their account details
- Monitor their energy usage
- Set up credit card payments
- Review their bills
- Change to online billing
Customers have a number of options when it comes to making bill payments with Mercury, comprising:
- Direct debit
- Online via My Account
- Internet or telephone banking
- Automatic payment
- In person at NZ Post shops
- Cheque via mail
Is Mercury right for me?
Mercury is a competitive retailer that’s committed to delivering a genuine service to its customers. But if you’re not sold on Mercury just yet, then be sure to visit its website to help you make an informed decision.
You should always compare features and providers before signing up for an electricity plan. Fortunately, Canstar Blue rates power companies on a range of features, including customer satisfaction and value for money. Click below to see how Mercury performs.