Pulse Energy Review
Pulse Energy is a community owned energy company, supplying electricity, gas, solar and broadband services to households and businesses throughout NZ. Pulse Energy is a winner of Canstar Blue’s 2021 Innovation Awards, for its Pay It Forward program.
Being independent enables Pulse Energy to purchase the best priced generation on the market and pass the benefits on to its customers. It’s able to supply energy across the whole of New Zealand, providing energy to over 80,000 homes.
Pulse Energy also supports local communities, and is a proud partner of both the Highlanders and Crusaders Super Rugby teams.
What Pulse Offers
As a Pulse Energy customer, you enjoy a low price up-front and no long-term contracts. Pulse also offers:
- All Energy Discount: combine your electricity and LPG/natural gas to receive a discount
- No early termination fee with 30 days’ notice
- Easy switching to a Pulse account
- solarZero: access solar power, home automation and batteries under one simple energy supply arrangement
Pulse Energy: Pay It Forward
Pulse Energy’s Pay It Forward program reflects Pulse Energy’s values as a community-owned business – one that captures the kindness of New Zealanders. Pay It Forward enables Pulse Energy customers to add a small monthly contribution to their power bills to support families experiencing energy hardship.
As it features no fees or conditions, plus affordable contributions, the program was deemed by the Canstar judges as having a considerable impact for those experiencing financial hardship. By providing financial support to households experiencing energy hardship, Pay It Forward gives vulnerable families some much-needed opportunity to get back on their feet.
Pulse provides a range of information on its services via its website. Consumers can contact Pulse by phone and email. There is also the option of submitting a contact form via Pulse’s website. “At Pulse Energy, we are dedicated to looking after our customers and providing the best service we can,” Pulse states.
Pulse’s My Account service allows customers to access their accounts via the Pulse website. Pulse states that it allows “customers to keep track of their power bills and make payments online”.
Via My Account, customers can:
- View their account balance
- Pay their account online
- View their bills
- Retrieve, forward or print the bills they want
- Contact Pulse with any questions they may have about their account
Pulse’s account payment options include:
- Direct debit
- My Account
- SmoothPay – spreading electricity payments evenly throughout the year, so customers pay the same amount for their power bill each month
- In person at an NZ Post shop
- Automatic fixed payment – paying a fixed amount by setting up a monthly automatic bank payment
- Internet banking
- Credit card
- BNZ branch – making a deposit into Pulse’s bank account
- Telephone banking
You should always compare features and providers before signing up for an electricity plan. Fortunately, Canstar Blue rates power companies on a range of features, including customer satisfaction and value for money. Click below to see how Pulse performs.