Pulse Energy review
Pulse Energy is a community owned energy company, supplying electricity, gas, solar and broadband services to households and businesses throughout NZ. In 2020, Pulse Energy won Canstar Blue’s award for Most Satisfied Customers | Bundled Utilities.
Being independent enables Pulse Energy to purchase the best priced generation on the market and pass the benefits onto their customers. They are able to supply energy across the whole of New Zealand.
As a Pulse Energy customer you will enjoy a low price up-front and no long-term contracts*.
*No early termination fee applies with 30 days’ notice. The normal fee is $150+GST.
Pulse Energy also supports local communities, and is a proud partner of both the Highlanders and Crusaders Super Rugby teams.
Pulse provides a range of information on its different services via its website, with its Help Desk addressing a variety of topics.
Consumers can contact Pulse by phone and email, and also have the option of submitting a contact form via the Pulse website.
“At Pulse Energy, we are dedicated to looking after our customers and providing the best service we can,” Pulse states.
Pulse’s My Account service provides for customers to access their accounts via the Pulse website, with Pulse stating that it allows “customers to keep track of their power bills and make payments online”.
Via My Account, customers can:
- View their account balance
- Pay their account online
- View their bills
- Retrieve, forward or print the bills they want
- Contact Pulse with any questions they may have about their account
Pulse’s account payment options include:
- Direct debit
- My Account
- SmoothPay – spreading electricity payments evenly throughout the year, so customers pay the same amount for their power bill each month
- In person at an NZ Post shop
- Automatic fixed payment – paying a fixed amount by setting up a monthly automatic bank payment
- Internet banking
- Credit card
- BNZ branch – making a deposit into Pulse’s bank account
- Telephone banking