About De’Longhi Ovens
In 2015, DeLonghi was one of the oven brands rated in our Canstar Blue customer satisfaction survey. Here’s a brief rundown on DeLonghi ovens.
The story behind the brand
The DeLonghi Group is an Italian, family-owned manufacturer that began in 1902 as a spare parts manufacturing workshop. They incorporated the company in 1950 and began designing their own appliances. DeLonghi is now present in homes in 33 countries around the world.
DeLonghi aims to turn everyday household tools into something special, hence their slogan, “Everyday Better”.
When DeLonghi started producing ovens
DeLonghi first began producing domestic appliances in 1974, and made its first electric oven, “Sfornatutto”, in 1985.
Some DeLonghi oven innovations
Some of DeLonghi’s oven innovations on new models include the following:
- Quadruple glaze full glass inner door: Heat is contained inside the oven for extra safety. The inner door can be removed for easy cleaning.
- Pyrolytic cleaning: This self-cleaning function means you can burn grime to ash inside the oven, then simply wipe it away.
- Flood lighting: The inside of the oven is lit by powerful rear and side halogen lights, making it easy to check where your roast is up to.
- Cooling system: Both door and oven have a cooling system designed to minimise heat transfer, by circulating cool air inside the oven and keeping the external surface of the door safe to touch.
- Durastone Plus: Increased glass in the enamel surface inside the oven lets it withstand any heat and grime. Cleaning is as easy as a wet cloth and some everyday dishwashing liquid.
- Anti-fingerprint stainless steel: Your oven is designed to keep looking pretty, even if you use it several times a day.
- Instant automatic ignition: For free-standing ovens. A single push of the button electronically ignites the flame inside your oven.
Oven brands we rated
Canstar Blue commissions third party research houses to regularly survey New Zealand consumers across a range of categories to measure and track customer satisfaction. The outcomes reported are the results from almost 1,600 New Zealanders.
The oven brands in this year’s survey are:
- Fisher & Paykel